Nov 10, 2015

Upcycling I.

Upcycling is a kind of recycling. You take an item you no longer use and convert it into something different, something better. A few weeks ago when I was walking around the H&M home section I noticed some lovely  knitted cushion cases. Here is a picture from the H&M website:
I liked the design and the fact that they look so cozy and wintery but the price was a bit higher than I was willing to pay. And then I had an idea: I will make my own! 


This used to be an old jumper that didn't survive a machine wash. It stretched in the washing machine so much that I could no longer wear it, so I decided to unweave it and I kept the yarn, thinking it may come handy some day. And it did :) I spent the following few evenings knitting as I watched TV and when the cushion cover was ready I dyed it with a home fabric dye to a more lively color. And here is the result:




What do you think? I am quite happy with the result and I think that now, that the days are getting colder and evenings longer I will give DIY and upcycling another go.

No comments:

Post a Comment